Bharatpur Bird sanctuary



It was a foggy afternoon in Bharatpur. I was told that at Bharatpur the light remains constant throughout the day and makes for great photography. Unfortunately for us it was very foggy for at least the two out of three days we were in Bharatpur. The best thing about fog is that it renders itself to creative compositions if you have the eye. Courtesy other members of the group, it was an "eye opening session" for me. I started seeing opportunities in composing  wildlife pictures. Very different from what I used to do earlier where I would have tried to get as close as possible and take a decent portrait.

Here are a few shots from the trip:

A Jackal welcoming us as we entered the park.


Sambhars offered great composition opportunities





Pair of spotted owlet:




An Indian Darter:




A Black redstart:




A Bluethroat:




Grey herons chasing after a catch. Can you spot the purple heron?




A Nilgai posing for me:




A chance encounter with a jungle cat



A Siberian Rubythroat ( usually difficult to sight as it prefers the undergrowth)





Long tailed Nightjar




A red breasted flycatcher





A pensive mood



As regards the variety of birds it was less than what I had expected. However the access and the photo opportunities would definitely bring me back to Bharatpur hopefully in the future.



No comments: